Kissimmee, Fla.—There is an endless amount of contractor businesses out there, each one with a unique set of risks and vulnerabilities to protect from. The right contractor insurance can mean the difference between getting the job and missing out on potential profits. Florida Contractors are like any other business. You need property and general liability insurance to minimize the basic financial risks of running a business. Additionally, contractor insurance includes coverage designed for specific industry risks.
Some types of Florida independent contractors may be, for example:
- Independent construction contractors, Carpenters, Landscaper, Plumbers
- Freelance writers, editors and graphic designers
- Repair people, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, painters
- Accountants and financial planners
- House and carpet cleaners
- Independent hair stylists and salon professionals
There is a wide variety of contractor insurance options. Here are common coverage's for independent contractors.
- Bodily injury and property damage: This coverage is for contractors who work with heavy machinery and need to be prepared for accidents due to power tools and other hazards.
- Professional liability: For contractors who provide consulting and advice, this coverage can protect you from liability risks due to losses a client may experience. It protects your business’s finances if a client accuses you of errors, whether due to mistake or negligence.
- Commercial vehicle: Any vehicles owned by your business must adhere to state auto insurance laws. You can also protect your vehicles from various damages.
- Builder’s risk: covers property and raw materials while construction is underway. This type of policy is often written per project.
- Workers compensation: Florida Independent contractors may or may not need workers compensation. This coverage compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
- Commercial umbrella: A commercial umbrella policy increases the liability limit that your company already has in existing, underlying, liability policies. It also broadens coverage for things that your underlying policies may not cover. A good example is when your auto liability policy covers accidents that occur in a specific area, the umbrella policy could expand the coverage territory.
As a leading independent insurance agency, Kissimmee Truck Insurance provides insurance products for all your contractor needs. We will offer you estimates from different insurance providers, so we can compare the pros and cons of different insurance carriers. Our licensed local agents will make sure you get the right coverage to meet your business needs and expectations.
Our Orlando location has served the insurance needs of the Central Florida community for over 12 years, by offering a full spectrum of truck insurance products and services for owners operators, and small to large fleets. As a local independent insurance agency, Kissimmee Truck Insurance works with top insurance companies in the market, so we can provide you with the right tools to make the best decision at the time of purchasing insurance coverage that truly matches your business’s needs. From Commercial Auto Insurance and/or Contractor Insurance, to Truck Insurance.
Talk to our fully bilingual, and experienced agents from Kissimmee Truck Insurance and let them know what your needs and priorities are. Give us a call today at (407) 203-7085— for an initial consultation and quotes from multiple insurance carrier choices who support us in Florida!